Board of Directors
Lest We Forget is headed up by a dedicated Board of Directors. Each is dedicated to veterans' causes and honoring those that served our nation and those that serve us today.
LEST WE FORGET Board of Directors with Affiliations:
- Donald Alsbro, President; Colonel US Army (Ret). Don served two tours in Vietnam and received a Doctorate in Education from Wayne State University. He has since retired from Lake Michigan College as health and physical education professor, developed a national health program called "Dump Your Plump" and is President of Rainbow Wellness, a health promotion business. Don is a co-founder of Lest We Forget and the originator of the award winning WWII, Korea and Vietnam "Lest We Forget" documentaries. For his many volunteer activities and role in community leadership, Don received the Liberty Bell Award from the Berrien County Bar Association-2008 and the Margaret B. Upton Volunteer Leadership Award-2009.
- James Brinkmann, Treasurer- 1st Lt. Korean War (51-53). Jim was assigned to US 40th Div. and The Republic of Korea (ROKA) 2nd Infantry Div. as a Forward Observer, and later Survey Office, then Director of Fire Direction Center (FDC) for 980th FA Bn.(Bronze Star Recipient); BS in Business Administration (51) & MBA (55), Xavier University. Jim is retired Whirlpool Executive (Director Finance & Information Technology); a Board member of The Salvation Army; VP of New Territory Arts Association; Treasurer and Finance Committee Member of Heritage Museum and Cultural Center; and most recently was elected Chairman of the City of St. Joseph's Lakeland Hospital Finance Authority Board after serving in various capacities for several years.
- Arden Pridgeon, Board Member - Served in the U.S. Army from 1943 to 1946 with the 96th Infantry Division as a Staff Sergeant and squad leader for the Leyte, Philippine Islands and Okinawa Invasions. He was awarded the Purple Heart, Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman's Badge. Arden has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (49) and MA in Business (61), both from Michigan State University. He was employed by Benton Harbor Malleable Industries as an Engineer and Supervisor for over 16 years. After that he became an Associate Professor in Engineering for 24 1/2 years at Western Michigan University until his retirement in December, 1989. He is a Past President of the Local Jaycees and the Professional Engineers Society. He is a Member of the Knights of Columbus and Past Grand Knight of Council 1120 and Past Navigator of the Father Baroux Assembly. Arden is a member of DAV and recently joined the St. Joseph Lions Club. He is a Volunteer Minister for the Berrien County Jail and is active in his church.
- Ken Mckeown, Board Member - Chief Photographer. Ken attended Illinois State Normal University majoring in business. He worked in the financial industry for Dun & Bradstreet in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan. After 40 years with Credit Bureau of Benton Harbor & St. Joseph and Merchants Credit Bureau, Inc., Ken retired as Operations Manager. Ken served as President of Associated Credit Bureaus of Michigan from 2001-02 and has been a member of St. Joseph Kiwanis since 1964. He served as President from 1993 to 1994. Ken has been a member of the Twin City Camera Club since 1971, serving as its President in 1980, 1991, 1997, 1998. He has been President since 2004. Ken has always been interested in photography and serves as Chief Photographer for Lest We Forget.
- Marvin Abott (details coming)